Monday, August 29, 2011

A Week in the Life Like No Other

If you're a scrapbooker and immersed in the world of online scrapbooking, then you know all about Ali Edwards and her annual Week in the Life project. This is the time when scrapbookers take dozens, if not hundreds, of photos every day for an entire week and put it all together into scrapbook albums. 

Last year, I did just that. I used my cell phone to take photos and documented nine days of my life (two days were practice days to see if I wanted to take on this challenge). You can see my 2010 Week in the Life album, 9 Days of sCRAPs,  here and if you aren't familiar with a Week in the Life, visit Ali Edwards here.

When it was time to start a Week in the Life in July, I decided to join in, but had a twisted idea in mind. 

No photos. Just doodles.

I took one aspect of each day, turned them into funny-looking doodles and had a blast putting everything together into an unwanted children's book.

Here are a few highlights of my Week in the Life:

Day 1: How I chose to buy an HTC Evo 4G


Day 3: Back-to-School Shopping 1985 vs. 2011


Day 6: What not to wear (to Mi Hacienda)


You can read all about my week and see larger photos over at my EcoScrapbook blog:

Day 4: I don't wear a mini-skirt and jump for joy when I have four days of freedom
Day 5: The not so picture-perfect transfer during a Week in the Life
Day 6: What not to wear (to Mi Hacienda)
Day 7: I ate beef (for the first time in over a year)

Don't forget, as of September 1, 2011, I will no longer be blogging here so that I can concentrate on EcoScrapbook. Please subscribe there and continue receiving new posts by me.